April 3rd, 2013 Meeting Overview
Hello fellow NSCS members!!!
As you all know, today was our Second General Body Meeting
of the semester. Our meeting was a
success! A big THANK YOU to those who were able to make it. If you were unable to make it, we would still
love to see you next time!
Here is an outline of what we covered in our meeting today:
1. Here are a few
ways to stay updated with NSCS:
“Like” our Facebook page: facebook.com/nscs.csun
We will continue to send out emails about
upcoming events, meetings, or anything NSCS related
2. As a NSCS member there are tons of
scholarships and discounts available to you.
You can login to your NSCS page and look for the
awards or scholarships link
You can also update your email preferences on
the NSCS page to receive email updates about new scholarships/discounts
3. There will be a fundraiser later this
semester, possibly taking place at the “Happily Divorced” TV Show taping.
4. Our PACE program is currently going on right
now. For the PACE program NSCS members go to Northridge Academy high school and
tutor/help students with their homework. It is usually a few days a week
starting at 3:15 or later.
5. Unifed We Serve will be hosting some events
later this semester that we can participate in.
6. In the fall we will have an Induction
Ceremony. New members are encouraged to participate. It is a ceremony/party to celebrate your
membership in NSCS. Your friends and
family are welcome to attend.
7. Next fall many positions on the NSCS Officer
Board will open up. They include:
President, VP of Event, VP of PACE/VP of community service, VP of Public
Relations, Treasurer, and Secretary.
Description and selection process will be emailed at a later time.
8. Our March to College event was a huge
success. NSCS hosted Northridge Academy
high school students and gave them a tour of the CSUN campus and speeches from
other campus organizations.
9. Graduating NSCS members can order regalia on
the NSCS website such as, cords or sashes.
10. Our President, Vahe, will be
representing our NSCS CSUN chapter at the National Leadership Conference in
Texas later this summer.
If this is unclear or you would
like more information about something, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Hope you all have a great
SECRETARY POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE OFFICERS AT NSCSatCSUN@gmail.com. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HOLDING AN OFFICER POSITION IN THE FALL 2013 SEMESTER.*
NOVEMBER 19TH MEETING OVERVIEW
Adopt-a-family: Put together several boxes of food for a family in need for Thanksgiving.
Family of 5 in Panorama City, CA
November 5th Meeting Overview
- Next meeting: Monday, Nov 19th at 5:00 in the Burbank Room (Second floor of the Fitness Center)
- "Happily Divorced" TV Show Taping Fundraiser: Nov 2nd at 4:00
- Food and Clothing Drive: Oct 29th - Nov 14th, Drop-off at the Dorms, MIC, or tent in front of the Oviatt Library from 10:00 - 2:00
- Day of the Child: Nov 18th at Santa Monica Pier. Spend a day with a foster child. Rides and games are free. Food is provided. Sign-up at the link listed in the Events Calendar below.
- USO Letter Writing Campaign: Ongoing until Nov 23rd. Write a letter of encouragement and support to a servicemember serving at home or overseas. Political or religious remarks are prohibited. Additional details regarding drop-off to come.
- PVSA: For those participating in the PVSA, the AIDS Walk counts toward 8 hours as does any hours served fundraising for the event. Please, record your hours on the online spreadsheet.
- PACE Tutoring: M/W/Th from 3:15 - 4:30 or 5:00. If interested in tutoring, please, contact the officers at NSCSatCSUN@gmail.com.
- T-Shirts: Will be a V-neck and white. Additional details to come.
- Adopt-a-family: NSCS CSUN Chapter will arrange a Thanksgiving meal (plus, additional meals) for a family in need. Additional details (such as the family and where to drop off the food) to come.
- Habitat for Humanity: In the planning stages. NSCS will assist Habitat for Humanity in building a home for a needy family here in Northridge. Will count toward PVSA hours. Additional details to come.
Keeps an organized and detailed account of chapter activities and happenings
· Record minutes and attendance for all chapter/officer meetings; post minutes on Facebook Fan Page
· Maintain Facebook chapter page based on requirements outlined in the “Maintaining your NSCS Chapter Facebook Page”
· Distribute all information about national opportunities to members and officer board
· Facilitate all correspondence and distribution of materials to chapter membership
· Provides national office with relevant documents, photographs, etc.
If interested in the position or if you have questions, please e-mail the officers at NSCSatCSUN@gmail.com.